obserwuj facebook visiton obserwuj instagram visiton

Skarzynski’s Palace

In the city
Contact 3 Maja 61
07-200 Wyszków

Description

Palace and park complex in 3th May street.

Storied classical palace complex situated on the high bank of the Bug rover overlooking the vast meadows and wetlands surrounded by historic park. It was built around 1780 probably according to the project by architect Szymon Bogumil Zug or Jan Chrystian Kamsetzer for Livonian bishop Jan Giedroyc. 


The complex consists of a palace and two outbuildings. At the turn of the 19th and 20th century the palace was rebuilt and now it has been renovated. In several rooms inside the building there are preserved: polychromy , stucco decorations, sandstone fireplaces and the stove with colorful heraldic tiles made in Nieborow around 1880. After the fall of November Uprising in 1831, the complex’s owner was August Morzkowski and it became a place of frequent meetings of Warsaw’s members of Boheme. Cyprian Kamil Norwid and Teofil Lenartowicz used to arrive here. In 1879-1944 the palace belonged to Skarzynski family, persons of merit in history of Wyszkow. In 1920 it was totally ruined by Bolsheviks. In the period between the two World Wars the owners ran here trendy guesthouse.

The palace complex with the neighboring park in now a private ownership and in 1956 was entered into register of historic monuments.

 

 

Source: Tourist Information Centerhttp://turystyka.wyszkow.pl/

reviews
Location

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

Location

Wyszków, Mazowieckie
3 Maja 61, 07-200 Wyszków
×

Korzystamy z Cookies. Przeglądając stronę zgadzasz się na zapis Cookie na Twoim urządzeniu