The Częstochowa Museum

In the city
Contact Al. NMP 47
42-217 Częstochowa

tel./fax.: 34 360 56 31
e-mail: muzeum@muzeumczestochowa.pl

Description

The Częstochowa Museum is the oldest cultural institution in the Częstochowa region.

The seat of the Częstochowa Museum is located in the vanguard at the town hall in Częstochowa. Museum exhibition facilities:

- Town Hall, Al. NMP 45 - the most representative building of the Museum. It was established in 1828 for the needs of the enlarging administration, through the connection of the Old and New Częstochowa, the city. It was built in a late-Classicist style, on a square plan, with two side pavilions that housed the cows and a detention that did not exist today. Since 1967, it houses the headquarters of the Częstochowa Museum. In 2006, the Town Hall building was thoroughly renovated, as a result of which it was adapted to the needs of disabled people and equipped with a lift. A lookout tower was added to it, from which one can view the panorama of the city. The Town Hall presents a permanent historical exhibition "History of the City of Częstochowa", exhibitions from the series The Cabinet of Outstanding Częstochowa and variable exhibitions.

- Townhouse of the Mieszczańska. Museum of Jews in Częstochowa - a historic tenement house at ul. Katedralna 8 with neo-baroque elements, built at the beginning of the 20th century (before 1914). A two-storey building with residential basements, nineteenth floors, thirteenth-storey ground floor, with a passageway on the sixth axis, covered with an apparent segmented vault with an iron cross-shaped rib, with buttresses flowing to the wall pilasters. The interior is partially transformed, with preserved stucco remains. In the staircase, the door to flats with panel divisions, with neo-Baroque supraportami. Neo-baroque, iron railing, with clamp-acanthus motifs, analogical railings at the front, at the steps to the basement.

Front elevation with apparent extreme projections and a two-sided bay on the central axis, above which triangular peaks with mansards - rusticated, with neo-gothic decorations in the form of gobbling (including, among others, windows), pinnacles and arcaded friezes, topped with a stone tracery balustrade with such balcony balustrades; in extreme angles, shields surrounded by acanthus motifs above the windows of the second floor. The entrance gate with grooved carriages with iron protective rosettes and semicircular inclusions, in it the double iron door with latticed slides with geometrical motifs and tracery with rosettes. Partially preserved original woodwork. A mansard roof with exhibitions. A permanent exhibition "Jews from Częstochowa" is presented in the tenement house. Also located here is the Department of Archeology, Department of Nature and Center for Documentation of Częstochowa Częstochowa Museum.

- Exhibition Pavilions in the Park of Fr. Stanisława Staszica - they were built in 1909 as part of organizing the National Exhibition of Industry and Agriculture. The complex used by the Częstochowa Museum consists of the Exhibition Pavilion built for the headquarters of the Hygienic Museum, the Homestead and the People's Industry Pavilion, the so-called Polish Granary. Exhibition Pavilion - a major refurbishment of the facility was carried out in the years 1996-2000. The Exhibition Pavilion was built for the Exhibition of Industry and Agriculture in 1989. Once the seat of the Hygiene Museum; currently, there are exhibition halls of the Częstochowa Museum. In the years 1996-2000 a general renovation was carried out, maintaining the original form of an eclectic building. It is a multi-storey building with two rooms and a mezzanine intended for temporal museum escapades.

- Włościańska Farm - an object of the Częstochowa Museum built according to the design of Zdzisław Kalinowski and Czesław Przybylski in 1909, on the occasion of the Exhibition of Industry and Agriculture. After closing the Exhibition managed directly by the Częstochowa Agricultural Society. Until now, only a residential house survived, which after World War II functioned as a park greenery. There was also a shop with devotional articles in it. A thorough renovation of the building was carried out in 2005. Today in the village of Włóciańska there are temporary exhibitions of ethnographic character.

- Ethnographic Pavilion - a rectangular one-story building. It was built of limestone. After completing in 2007 a detailed renovation of the building intended for the needs of the Department of Ethnography.

- Iron Ore Mine Museum - the Museum of Częstochowa created in 1974-1976 in underground corridors resembling real mine workings. Renovated in 2008 by the efforts of mining communities, again made available for sightseeing. The collection includes equipment from several mines in the Częstochowa region: Rudniki, Wręczyca, Barbara and Szczekaczka in Brzeziny. Machines and tools showing the work of miners, as well as historical methods of iron ore extraction, supplemented with multimedia presentations and films, create a permanent exhibition entitled "History of the Iron Rudder Mountain". The object entered in the list of the Industrial Monuments Route of the Silesian Voivodeship.

- Archeological Reserve, ul. Łukasińskiego 20 - a modern facility of the Częstochowa Museum, located in the Raków district, where in 1955 a cemetery of the Lusatian culture population was discovered, during which archaeological research was carried out in 1955 and 1960-1961. A fragment of this site in 1965 raised the pavilion of the Archaeological Reserve, rebuilt and modernized in 2001-2004. Today, the Reserve houses a preserved "in situ" fragment of the cemetery from around 750-550 BC, on which 85 burials were unveiled, including 44 skeletal graves and 25 graves of cremation caves. They found ceramics, ornaments, tools and weapons, depicting the population of the Lusatian culture, its economic foundations, production, as well as funeral rites, which are presented at the permanent exhibition "From the Darkness of History." In 2014, thanks to the funds of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage and the City Hall of Częstochowa, another modernization of the reserve was carried out, adapting it to the needs of disabled people, including the blind and visually impaired. The facility has a special typhlographic model of the cemetery and a guide written in Braille.

- Good Art Gallery, Al. NMP 47 - a historic tenement house built in 1875 in the classical style, originally with an entrance gate to the courtyard. Initially, it was the seat of the Orthodox clergy, hence its name - Popówka; later the home of the Roman Catholic bishop. In the interwar years, the command of the 7th Infantry Division was stationed here, and from 1945 to the 1970s, the Poviat Military Staff. In 1973, the building was handed over to the Częstochowa Museum for the permanent exhibition of Polish painting, presented until 1996. Then the gallery was closed. After a dozen or so break caused by the renovation of the building and the change of its function, the exhibition of works of Polish art returned to Popówka. Since 2013, you can visit a permanent exhibition of paintings and Polish graphics entitled "Polish Art of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries" and variable exhibitions.

- Multicultural "Zodiak" - The Museum of Częstochowa built according to the design of Władysław Jabłoński in 1989, on the occasion of the Exhibition of Industry and Agriculture; former Pavilion of Towarzystwo Akcyjne Zawiercie. Modernist building with a reinforced concrete structure, built on a circular plan, closed with slender buttresses, covered with a semicircular dome. In the interwar period, adopted at the astronomical observatory. In the renovated building, in 2010, an interactive world of fun and learning for children and youth was arranged. During educational classes, ZODIAK offers its users access to many positions of technical sciences, computer graphics, music, learning English and K`Next blocks that combine the features of traditional building with blocks with the creation of mobile, spatial structures. The wide variety of proposed devices makes learning in ZODIAK not only interesting but also enjoyable.

The pricelist is available at: www.muzeumczestochowa.pl

reviews
Location

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

Location

Częstochowa, Śląskie
Al. NMP 47, 42-217 Częstochowa
×

Korzystamy z Cookies. Przeglądając stronę zgadzasz się na zapis Cookie na Twoim urządzeniu